London, July 2020: The Ritz, Piccadilly’s iconic Grande Dame hotel, today announces the reopening of its famous revolving door.
On Saturday 18th July, the gilded Palm Court will reopen for the world-renowned Afternoon Tea, and on Monday 27th July, the Michelin-starred Ritz Restaurant, including The Ritz Restaurant Terrace, will be opening for lunch and dinner service, as well as the elegant Secret Garden, secluded behind Green Park, for all day al fresco dining and drinks.
Commenting on the announcement, Sal Gowili, General Manager of The Ritz said; “We’re incredibly happy to start reopening our restaurants at The Ritz from Saturday 18th July. One of life’s most enjoyable pleasures is to share delicious food and drink around the table in the company of family and friends. We’ve deeply missed connecting with our guests in person whilst The Ritz has been closed. It will be wonderful to have this opportunity once again, to be able to take excellent care of our guests and to provide a safe environment with some beautiful al fresco spaces, to celebrate summer in London at its best”.
The Ritz is committed to the safety of its guests and colleagues, and in response to today’s new challenges, a host of strict new hygiene and cleaning protocols and social distancing measures are being implemented by The Ritz team, in line with government advice at every step, to ensure that the hotel’s clients receive the world-class, warm Ritz service with the ease of mind that the hotel is as safe as possible.
AFTERNOON TEA IN THE PALM COURT:
Afternoon Tea at The Ritz is a quintessentially British experience, offering a selection of house-made finely cut finger sandwiches, freshly baked plain and raisin scones with Cornish clotted cream and strawberry preserve and a range of exquisitely presented French pastries and tea cakes. A choice of 18 different types of loose-leaf tea are available as well as a range of Champagnes to add additional sparkle.
• From 18th July 2020, Afternoon Tea will be served daily at 11.30am, 1.30pm, 3.30pm, 5.30pm, and 7.30pm.
• Traditional Afternoon Tea starts from £61 per person for adults (and £40 per child).
• The Palm Court operates a formal dress code and gentlemen are required to wear a jacket and tie. Jeans and sportswear are not permitted for either ladies or gentlemen.
• There is a maximum table size of 8 people in the Palm Court.
THE MICHELIN-STARRED RITZ RESTAURANT AND THE RITZ RESTAURANT TERRACE:
The Ritz Restaurant is one of the most beautiful dining rooms in the world and The Restaurant Terrace offers a private patio featuring vast parasols, a mosaic floor and vibrant floral boxes. Drawing inspiration from classic dishes and continuing to build on the principles of Auguste Escoffier, Executive Chef John Williams MBE and his brigade are back in the Ritz Kitchen, using the very best quality British produce in season within their menus.
• From 27th July 2020, The Ritz Restaurant will be open daily for lunch service, from 12.30pm to 2.15pm, and for dinner service, from 5.30pm to 10.00pm.
• From 27th July 2020, The Ritz Restaurant Terrace will be open daily (weather permitting), from 12.30pm to 11.30pm on Monday to Saturday and from 12.30pm to 10.30pm on Sundays. Lunch service will be available from 12.30pm to 2.15pm, and dinner service from 5.30pm to 10.00pm. Outside of the service times, a full bar menu will be available on The Terrace.
• Advance reservations will be in operation in The Ritz Restaurant Terrace for lunch and dinner. A walk-in policy will be in operation outside of service times on a first come, first serve basis on The Restaurant Terrace.
• The Ritz Restaurant and Ritz Restaurant Terrace operate a formal dress code and gentlemen are required to wear a jacket and tie. Jeans and sportswear are not permitted for either ladies or gentlemen.
For reservations and booking information, please contact The Ritz London’s Reservation Team on +44 (0)20 7300 2370 or at email@example.com