Outline Of The Ritz Academy Programme
For the first three years you will gain practical operational experience spending six months in each of the following departments:
- The Ritz Restaurant
- The Rivoli Bar
- Front Office
Once you have graduated, we will then explore the permanent opportunities available to you.
In year four, you will work for six months in Food and Beverage and six months in Rooms Division gaining experience at a supervisory level.
In year five you will be given the choice of working in either Rooms Division or Food and Beverage at an Assistant Manager’s level or gain experience in one of the following support areas:
- Sales and Marketing
- Human Resources
Throughout the programme, you will be assessed and graded against The Ritz London’s competency framework. You will need to achieve the pass level at the end of each stage to enrol to the next stage.
- All statutory and relevant on the job training will be given and a training plan with objectives will be set for each stage.
- Hospitality NVQ.
- Stage 1 – Development courses run in the hotel to include customer service, telephone etiquette, communication and time management.
- Stage 2 – Supervisory development and Human Resources skills to include effective feedback, performance management and recruiting.
- Stage 3 – Finance training, visiting competitor hotels and producing a report on the comparison to The Ritz London.
- A mentor will be assigned to you.
- You will keep a weekly diary of learning, reviewed by your mentor monthly.
- Performance reviews will take place every six months.
- You will meet the General Manager every six months to ensure that the objectives of the programme are being met.