A SAFE RITZ JOURNEY
We hope you and your loved ones have been keeping safe and well during this extraordinary time.
We want to assure you that The Ritz London’s top priority always has been, and remains, the well being and safety of our guests and team.
Your guest journey will now look and feel slightly different, with our enhanced set of hygiene and safety measures that meet Government guidelines. Rest assured our dedicated team will provide you with a warm welcome and world class service, that The Ritz is renowned for, leaving you with long lasting memories.
Thank you for your continued support of The Ritz. We have greatly missed you over the past few months and my team and I look forward to welcoming you back, very soon.
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU
Enhanced Cleaning Procedures:
- Our cleaning products and procedures meet Government guidelines for effective use against viruses and bacteria.
- Hand sanitiser dispensers are available throughout the hotel.
- High touch points are sanitised, where possible, after every guest interaction or at least every 40 minutes.
- Mandatory hand washing or sanitisation is compulsory for all The Ritz team, every 20 minutes and always before starting work and before and after breaks.
Social Distancing and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE):
- Guests and The Ritz team must practice social distancing whenever possible.
- Physical layouts have changed within the hotel to enable social distancing, and this includes a reduced number of tables in our food and beverage areas, different entry and exit points to and from the hotel and social distancing markings and barriers where necessary.
- All PPE equipment issued to Ritz staff is Government approved.
- Guests must wear masks throughout all public areas of the hotel and can only be taken off when seated at a table in our restaurants or bar or in a guest room.
- Our team has received comprehensive training and carried out risk assessments prior to their return to work to ensure awareness of, and strict adherence to, Government guidelines to COVID-19 symptoms, hygiene, the hotel’s new cleaning and sanitising procedures and social distancing.
- Our team are asked to self-isolate at home if they, or someone in their household, has any COVID-19 symptoms.
Temperature Checks and Track & Trace:
- Non-invasive temperature checks using an infra-red laser thermometer are performed on all guests on entry to the hotel and for The Ritz colleagues on arrival to work. Anyone displaying a temperature over 38°C/100°F will be taken to a private area and have their temperature taken using a disposable thermometer with disposable caps. Those with a high temperature who can go home will be given the opportunity to do so and those that are unable to do so will be given the option to self-isolate in their room and follow the current Government guidelines .
- To comply with the Government’s ‘Track and Trace’ procedure we will ask you for your mobile telephone number, which will only be used in the event of a case of coronavirus. This data will be stored in line with GDPR regulations and deleted after 21 days.
RESTAURANTS, BARS, IN ROOM DINING, OUTDOOR DINING SPACES AND PRIVATE DINING
Before Your Visit:
- We will contact you by email or SMS text message to reconfirm your reservation and also request that you provide or reconfirm the mobile telephone number of the primary contact of your party to ensure that we comply with the Government’s ‘Track and Trace’ procedure. This will only be used in the event of a case of coronavirus. This data will be stored in line with GDPR regulations and deleted after 21 days.
- Valet parking will be unavailable until further notice.
- The number of tables in each food and beverage are have been reduced to maintain social distancing guidelines.
NHS Trace and Trace:
- Guests must complete the NHS track and trace form on arrival.
- Air conditioning in our restaurants, bar and in private dining rooms is switched off for safety precautions and we ventilate all areas after each meal period or event.
- Tables are spaced in according to social distancing guidelines.
The Ritz Kitchen:
- Rigorous cleaning procedures take place five times a day.
- Our chefs wear the recommended Government approved PPE while preparing your food and work from set stations using their own utensils. Where the sharing of equipment is required these will be sanitised before and after each use.
Service Style and Food Offering:
- Our restaurants will offer à la carte, du jour and Epicurean menus as appropriate.
- We continue to maintain the strictest food hygiene procedures throughout all dining areas.
- Single use disposable menus or digital menus via QR codes are available.
Leaving Our Restaurants and Bar:
- Guests must leave our restaurants or bar prior to 10pm.
In Room Dining:
- Our in-room dining service has been slightly modified to ensure we provide you with a contactless experience, with minimal exposure in your room. Our team member will remain at a social distance whilst you retrieve your tray or table of items ordered. All food items will be covered.
Food and Beverage Cancellation Policy:
All reservations must be cancelled no later than 48 hours before your dining date to avoid any charges. For reservations of six or more people or for special events there is a different cancellation policy which will be on your confirmation email. Please ensure you cancel within the time specified.
STAYING AT THE RITZ
Before Your Stay:
- We will send you a pre-arrival email informing you of our new health and safety measures.
- Please communicate your arrival time to us at least 24 hours prior to your stay, allowing us to ensure social distancing is managed.
- All correspondence including confirmations, billing and receipts are available either via email or in printed format, depending on your preference, however, electronic correspondence is highly advised.
- Should you be paying with a gift voucher, please provide us with the pin and serial numbers, which can be found printed on your gift voucher, when you are making your reservation.
(Applicable for private pre-booked transport via The Ritz London Concierge).
- Vehicles are sanitised before and after every guest journey.
- The maximum number of passengers in a vehicle is two.
- Every driver wears a mask.
- Within the vehicle, masks, disposable gloves, and hand sanitisers are provided for you.
- You are required to wear a mask.
- You are encouraged to take your own luggage out of the vehicle and open your car door. However, if assistance is required disposable gloves are available for your driver to assist.
- Valet parking will be unavailable until further notice.
- Unfortunately, we will not be checking-in guests prior to their arrival.
- We encourage you to make pre-payment, however credit card details are taken on arrival as a guarantee for any incidentals.
- Contactless payment methods have been implemented throughout The Ritz. No cash payments are taken.
ENTERING THE RITZ
- You will be asked to sanitise your hands on entering the hotel and to follow Government advice on washing and sanitizing your hands throughout your stay.
- You must wear a mask when entering the hotel.
- We always ask your permission prior to handling your luggage. We sanitise the luggage handles and disinfect our luggage trolleys after each arrival and departure.
Guest Room Keys:
- Guest room keys are sanitised, using a UV light steriliser machine, prior to arrival.
- We kindly ask you to retain your own guest room key, for the duration of your stay. Please return your key on departure in the key deposit slot in the Hall Porters’ desk.
- We use clear signage to help you observe social distancing.
- You are encouraged to use the stairs wherever possible.
- At any one time, lifts should only be occupied by guests from one room or one family that are resident in the hotel.
- We minimise the frequency and the number of team members entering your room during your stay.
- Our guest rooms are thoroughly cleaned and sanitised, the day before arrival. We use Zoono Microbe Shield Surface Sanitiser.
- Windows may be opened on request.
- Soft furnishings and printed paper collateral have been removed.
- The mini bar in the guest room, will only contain bottled water for your stay. Mini bar items are available on request by contacting In-Room Dining.
- We will only service guest rooms on departure unless you request for service during your stay. We provide you with extra towels and bottles of water. Irons and ironing board as well as any additional items required can be requested through our Housekeeping team.
- All bed linens are removed and bagged in the room and washed at the hottest temperature possible and vacuum cleaner bags are replaced after every room clean.
- Air conditioning is available in guest rooms with thorough cleaning schedules and disinfection on every guest departure.
Guest Room Cancellation Policy:
- Room reservations cancelled by 3.00pm (GMT) 48-hours prior to arrival are not be subject to any cancellation charges. Unfortunately, all reservations cancelled within 48-hours of arrival will incur a penalty charge of one night’s room rate.
Our health and safety procedures will continually be updated in line with Government guidelines.
If you have any questions or concerns, please just ask a member of The Ritz team.
You can also contact firstname.lastname@example.org before your visit.